By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Shooting around large breasts

I have been playing pool for about 2 years. I have always had trouble addressing the ball because my breasts get in the way at times. I can shoot with the cue above them or below (between) them but sometimes they are in the way! Coaches have told before that I will never improve till I learn how to get them out of the way, but no one can tell me how! I can't be the only one with this problem! Any suggestions?

Replies & Comments

1. susanarielquickshot on 4/26/2010 6:48:46 AM

You have to be kidding.

2. susanarielMitch Alsup on 4/26/2010 7:49:40 AM

Pardon my bluntness up front.

We have a girl in a similar situation at my local establishment (one of my students). She ends up using her breast as an alignment mark, actually using the side to give here feedback that the cue is in the correct position. This is sort of how several pros use their chin as an alignment mark. Now if I weren't so old that my back would allow this.

So, I have a suggestion (or two)

My natural alignment would be between breasts, where my shooting arm is almost touching my hips and my hips at about 60-70 degrees to the shaft. This brings the cue up the middle of my chest and then under my chin (about 10 inches above the stick). At most 1 inches toward the shooting side where the stick passes through the breast area.

Bexie's natural alignment places her shooting arm farther from her hips and then she uses the outside of her breast as an alignment mark so that the cue still passes under her chin.

In both cases, the important thing is the the forearm of the shooting arm hangs vertically and that the stick passes under (or close to under) the chin. The body (and bridge hand) is adjusted until these things are true. So perhaps you can find a body position where you can use your breasts to your advantage like Bex.

3. susanarielJustanotherevolutionary on 5/8/2010 6:37:38 PM

Hmm, well ya know I was watching Kelly Fisher a few weeks ago, and couldn't help but notice she has some very plump breast meat. I then noticed she was resting her right breast against her cue (I kid u not) I only noticed it on one shot, but it may have been more, I'll have to watch again next time. I've also noticed many professional players rest their chin on the cue or at least graze against it. I guess having large breasts really does have it's advantages, no? Anyone know where to buy female growth hormones for cheap?

4. susanarielRogerThat789 on 5/12/2010 3:38:08 AM

If your playing another male you could practice your stroke while hes shooting. Make sure your facing him though :)
    If you want you can post a picture for demonstration ;)

5. susanarielquickshot on 5/12/2010 8:54:12 AM

I initially thought you were putting us on, but after watching some of the pro women play i can see it may be a problem. One I do not have an answer for.

6. susanarielguest on 4/26/2014 4:34:55 PM

I also have this problem. I usually end up giving up at trying to play bc of this issue. Going to try the tips listed above tonight.

7. susanarielguest on 5/2/2014 6:30:29 PM

I have this 'problem' too! I rest chin on the cue and against the breast. It actually helps my aiming, since it is 'impossible' for the cue to move off center, it serves as a way to ensure I am cueing straight. But I do have my elbow out a bit away from my hips.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

• Title: Shooting around large breasts
  • Author:
  • Published: 4/25/2010 9:01:49 PM