By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Comet Cushion by Dominion Billiard Table Supply

I got an antique billiard table from a person that I know and I would like to find some information about the company that manufactured it as well as how old it could be and value.

The table has a label that says Comet Cushion manufactured by Dominion Billiard and Table Supply Co. Toronto, Ontario. I will try to Google the name but I cant find anything.

I would appreciate it if anybody has a table like this or any info on its history to share with me.

The table is in fair condition and came with original ball set,cue rack and score board.

Replies & Comments

1. domargebubbakid on 2/1/2011 9:04:41 AM

I am also looking for some expert advice on how to take apart a table so I can refelt it. Sounds like you have a nice table there, good luck!

2. domargeroadking2001 on 1/5/2013 10:47:29 AM

I have the same pool table and I have found some info. Email me and we can talk. I would like to know if you have found anything out.

Here is a photo of the name plate on my table.

Did you get any advice? I have had my table apart a number of times. It is 90+ years old.

3. domargedomarge on 1/8/2013 4:19:55 PM

Try searching YouTube for how to take a slate pool table apart, it worked for me. Good luck.

For some reason I can't email you. I can't find any info on the table. If you find any you can email me at trademarkrfg@gmail.com

Hopefully we can keep in touch.

4. domargeroadking2001 on 1/8/2013 6:41:00 PM

@domarge - Your email is not valid for some reason. Can you email me at james.bowles@sympatico.ca?

5. domargeslowasmolasses on 8/23/2014 1:44:13 PM

I have one of these tables. There is a date stamp on the main frame. I'm interested in selling. Located in Toronto, slowasmolasses@hotmail.com I sure would appreciate a picture, my table is not set up.

6. domargeguest on 9/15/2014 6:17:09 AM

I also am trying to find out anything on this table as well as the appraised value. Have you received anything that may help me find information and a value. Thanks for your time

7. domargehometownjamie on 12/21/2021 6:18:35 AM

I just bought a Dominion Billiard Table for $500. It's a 12 footer, which is why it was so cheap.

I took it apart myself and it's on it's way to being put back together, and I can tell you, this sucker is a brute of a pool table. The frame has to support less than a ton but I'm sure you could put a Mack truck on it.

It is proving to be a straight-forward disassembly and reassembly process. The frame only goes together in one possible way. The wood is stamped with sequence numbers which makes it possible. The fasteners that hold the legs to the frame were odd button head slot lag bolts. When I went to put them back in there was no bite at all. Further investigation revealed it takes 1/2" x 8" bolts and small washers. This was a significant extra expense as it takes 24 of them. I had to use 3/8" flat washers and drill them out to 1/2", which is no pleasure at all. I'm missing some of the bolt hole plugs, which I'm expecting to prove difficult to find.

I'd like to know more about the "Dominion Billiard Table & Supply Co." as well, if you can find something out.

8. domargebilliardsforum on 12/24/2021 8:33:18 AM

Not much has turned up on this Canadian billiard table manufacturer since the original question.

The only additional piece I've added to my archives on the "Dominion Billiard Table & Supply Co." is the following entry in the 1935 Might's Toronto, Ontario City Directory:

dominion-billiard-table-and-supply-co-toronto.png

@hometownjamie - I'd love to see photos of your 12-footer, if you don't mind uploading a few!

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

• Title: Comet Cushion by Dominion Billiard Table Supply
  • Author:
  • Published: 1/20/2011 4:57:00 PM