Forgot Your Password?  

Instructional videos Tips and Exercise

Previous Billiard Forum Topic Scroll Forum Topics Next Topic

This billiards forum topic is titled "instructional videos tips and exercise."  You can send to a friend , or create a printer friendly version .

posted by: johnykasperoni
Posted - 11/23/2011 at 2:31:39 PM
  • Show Profile
  • Email Poster
  • Send johnykasperoni a Private Message
Forum Lurker

Hi guys.

Both for the advanced players and those beginners - only beginning with the adventure of pool billiards.

And because of it, and when I started my adventure with billiards searched many tips, and particularly the movie: instructional (eg execute correctly as retrograde rotation and other grounds), types of exercises (those on positioning), exercises to improve the accuracy of shooting and like.

What is true is the billiard technique and theory is written in some detail, and can help others in this forum.

At its channel on Youtube (bujak19) have put just a few short films of PAT-type exercises, as well as imagined by me. There is also run outs (8 ball, 9 ball), and cope in the atypical situation where we are on the last ball and we need a good position for winning balls.

So, What I would like the task was to calculate just put a short instructional videos to the types of exercises (the positioning of the game, mastering white ball speed and control of rotation) and a valid exercise of the basic shots.

I would ask about commenting advanced players as well as assistance in the form upload ideas for new exercises, as well as the voice of the players or beginners generally find it helpful materials.

Places now below some materials that were known about what we speak and how it looks.

Exercises

PAT 2-5a, Small Area Position Drill

Others

(Administrator Note - Removed broken links)

PAT 1-5a Small Area Position Drill
PAT 1-6a Large Area Position Drill
Pool 11 balls position drill exercise
Pool shot - Get out from troubles - execise

Run outs (8 ball)

8 ball run out (2) difficult rack
8 ball run out (1) difficult rack
8 ball run out (3)

I'm happy to help in such a large area in which my knowledge will only allow me to help.

Please rate it , subscribe to, and above all commenting on Youtube Be Here in the forum. Because it will be for me pointer if it is worth and whether it needs it or not.
3 Posts
Member Number: #3635

Instructional videos Tips and Exercise Replies...

reply #1 by: Mitch Alsup
Posted - 01/31/2012 at 1:46:10 PM
  • Show Profile
  • Email Poster
  • Send Mitch Alsup a Private Message
Advanced Member

All sorts of close area drills are vital teaching tools for CB position. Yours is one.

However, I see you drop your elbow and that your stroke goes from inside to outside as you stroke.

A good recovery on the 1 ball shot, but you used too much draw on the 5 ball shot, this left you with longer than necessary shots for the rest of the run. If, on the othe rhand, you use a touch of inside english on the 5 ball shot, you could regain the short draw position on the 10-ball, simplifying the run.
Go to Top of Page
USA - 669 Posts
Member Number #743
reply #2 by: allanpsand
Posted - 05/02/2013 at 11:47:08 AM
  • Visit allanpsand's Homepage
  • Show Profile
  • Email Poster
  • Send allanpsand a Private Message
Frequent Member

Every player needs to learn to control the CB from the general to the specific.

Even the straightforward exercise of shooting in a straight-in OB can be made into a progressive exercise.

Start with one simple exercise:
OB on center table spot.
CB one D (diamond) away in line to corner pocket.

To master short distance draw shots - start with a dead stop stun shot. Only when you can do this 4 out of 5 times, move to the next level.
Draw CB one ball width. Then 2, 3, etc. up to 2 D's away.

Repeat for follow control.

Still not enough progressive development?
Try shooting the shot with 1/2 tip out from center for 12:00, 1:30, 3:00, 4:30, 6:00, 7:30, 9:00, 10:30 . Then the same set with 1 tip out from center.

For video teaching, select several examples and provide those videos to interested individuals.

Imagine the complexities of adding in all of the different angled shots.
Go to Top of Page
USA - 65 Posts
Member Number #563
Allan Sand, PBIA/ACS Instructor & Author
Billiards Blogs: www.billiardgods.com

Previous Billiard Forum Topic Scroll Forum Topics Next Topic Current billiards forum topic: Instructional videos Tips and Exercise

Jump To:

Billiards Forum RSS The billiards forum makes available various RSS feeds for your convenience.

Click to view the billiards forum rss feeds

This Billiards Forum page was generated in 0.125 seconds. The Billiards Forum page speedometer is brought to you by cuetable.com, an online visualization tool for billiard sports. Please be sure to stop by and support their site, and make use of their amazing visualization tools. You can also see the Billiards Forum Sitemap.

Billiards Forum - Instructional videos Tips and Exercise

Billiards Forum - Instructional videos Tips and Exercise