By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Jimmy Rempe by Meucci

Jimmy Rempe by Meucci

I am looking for info on this cue which I bought about 20 years ago for $60.

It says "Jimmy Rempe by Meucci". It has two points of black outlined in red and black veneers set into a Birdseye maple forearm, and has a white linen wrap with black specks. It has a black joint and butt cap with white boxes set in.

I've been collecting cues off and on for 20 years and have never seen another exactly like this.

Does anyone know anything about it? I am looking for the year of manufacture, how many were made, etc.

All I know is that it is a Meucci.

Note shaft pictured is not the original. I accidentally broke the original as a dumb teenager.

Jimmy Rempe by Meucci

Replies & Comments

1. Colemangdm40 on 1/24/2012 9:28:40 AM

Well I can safely say your initial $60 has appreciated. Prices can range from $160 (beat to hell and warped) to potentially $500 at the high end and perhaps more. The rule of thumb dictates that an item is basically worth what someones willing to pay for it. I see one on eBay going for $285 currently with time left.

Your 1st order of business is to contact Meucci for two reasons. 1. To date the cue to see if a potential restorer or not.2. If it is worth the restoration, contact their repair dept to do the work. I could tell the shaft wasn't original because of the ferrule length.

Meucci has some of the longest ferrules out there and are easily identified by anyone who knows that. Getting the shaft and ferrule replaced by them from the factory (keep the repair documentation) would only help it's re-sale value down the road by placing it back in good used condition. It is a good thing for resale.

They could refinish the cue entirely returning it to factory mint, but that's a pricey proposition. putting it back in good used condition would suffice. As it's only going to increase in value over the years.

Also the original shaft if not mistaken would have looked like the one pictured below.

If so that would make it a early-90's Meucci Jimmy Rempe Red Dot Shaft

2. Colemanosage24 on 3/13/2012 8:29:20 AM

Your cue is from the Meucci Jimmy Rempe Series and is a Meucci JR-2. It is from the late 1980's early 1990's.

MSRP was $115. Today, they sell for $600 in pristine, unused condition with original shafts. Otherwise, if they are on the market they sell for $200-$300.

I use mine as my competition shooter. If you ever want to sell it, let me know.

3. Colemanlakota_wolf70 on 3/16/2014 5:56:23 PM

I have a Jimmy Rempe by Meucci pool cue with two original shafts in mint shape. The butt of the cue is ivory and the top is too.

I am asking $400.

You can contact me at my email lakota_wolf70@yahoo.com if you are interested. Just message me with phone number and I will text you pictures of the cue and the two shafts.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

Jimmy Rempe by Meucci

• Title: Jimmy Rempe by Meucci
  • Author: (Coleman Grimmett)
  • Published: 12/3/2011 2:23:27 PM