By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Any info on Ozone Billiards tables?

I'm looking to buy my first table and found your website and forum while searching for information and reviews. So much great information here, thanks to all who contribute!

One manufacturer I can't seem to find much about here (or anywhere else online) is Ozone Billiards.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Rather than pasting the whole description of their tables, here's a link to the description of the build and features. Does this sound like it has "higher end" features, or does it sound like it's a cheapo (for lack of a better term)?

http://www.ozonebilliards.com/columbus-8-foot-pool-table-old-world-mahogany-ozpt04ow.html

Also, would you suggest spending a little more and buying a table locally, or is it OK to buy a table online if it's from a reputable company?

Replies & Comments

1. RedVTZeke on 11/10/2012 7:32:00 AM

I did a little research and I see the table comes KD!

A decent tech would charge ~ $300+ to set it up.

The specs look fine but no mention of place of manufacture is listed - suggesting China?

The "sale" price is excellent - if it is - what the blurb suggests. I'd give the tech you select to assemble the unit a jingle before you pull the trigger - and see if he has ever worked on or setup a Columbia table in his lifetime.

That could be very revealing ;-)

It seems a bit odd to me that they eat shipping - without even knowing where you live? I've bought a few items from a Chinese export firm and they too, "eat" shipping.

Just sayin'.

2. RedVTRedVT on 11/10/2012 8:19:07 AM

Thanks for the reply Zeke!

There are actually different levels of shipping/installation that aren't free. Standard delivery/installation is $399, and the "white glove" delivery and installation is $499. If you get the free option they just show up to your place and don't even help you take it off the truck! lol

But even with the white glove shipping/installation charge it still comes in at $2148, which is about $750 LESS than the cheapest comparable Brunswick model at my local store (delivered and installed).

I'm just tentative to buy a table from an 'unknown' company, when for $750 more I could have a Brunswick that I know is made in America and has a good reputation.

Has anyone here purchased a table online? Do you think I'm better off buying from a local store and paying more in case there are problems/issues down the road? Are there any reputable online stores for purchasing a table that you guys know of?

Thanks again for any advice or info! :)

3. RedVTZeke on 11/10/2012 8:49:21 AM

I suggest the reason no one has replied, is because no one has bought a table "on-line."

Sort of like "mail-order brides." ;-)

I was also taken by the fact that a few listed, when doing a Google search, had absolutely NO comments - pro, or con! Everyone's got an opinion about everything these days.

I'd drop Ozone a line saying you're extremely interested but don't buy pool tables without seeing the item up close and checking it out. Could they mention anyone in your area that purchased one - that you might get a referral from?

Perhaps asking where the manufacturer is located would be best?

If it's in the States, you might find them listed in some public venue, see if they're still in business to accommodate any warranty issues, or what their product lines are and see if they are viable players, or one run johnny's - making 100 tables and leaving town ?

You know the old saying, "If it's too good to be true..."

Me? I'm still of the opinion that I don't buy anything of this sort without touching and feeling it ;-)

Then too, I believe "used" tables I can see and feel, are frequently the way to get the best bang for the buck!

Defunct pool halls and bars with pool halls attached are great places to find good tables at awesome prices!

4. RedVTRedVT on 11/11/2012 6:31:38 AM

Thanks again Zeke!

I think I'll give them a call and see if I can find out some more info like you suggested. And I've been checking Craigslist every day looking for something used to pop up that might be a good option. Plus there are sales at some of the local stores from time to time, so I'm watching for those too.

Something good will come along I'm sure. This is a pretty big big purchase for me though, so I want to make sure I do my research before plopping down the $$$.

Thanks again for the advice, enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

5. RedVTPoolPicasso on 12/30/2014 11:18:20 AM

Did Not Honor Their Commitment A week ago I tried to make an online purchase from Ozone. I had a discount coupon but I could not get it to work. I started a live chat with Ozone's customer service.
    Here are their exact words: "What we can do is can you please put the code information and the expiration date in the comments box and once we process the information we will do the code." It's now a week later and I have been charged full price. I called customer service and they won't honor that commitment. It's not a big deal. It's like $50 or $60 off $350. I'm not too worried about the money. Let's just say: BUYER BEWARE!

6. RedVTFenwick on 1/8/2015 5:21:00 AM

$50 or $60 here and there and before you know it your talking real money. Well $50 or $60 is reel money to me.

You see I fish also and you just gave them a reel. I've never had a problem with them but I never has a discount coupon either.

7. RedVTguest on 2/6/2015 3:48:37 PM

Great in-store experience but horrible installation experience -- requested install more than a week out and Kennesaw store agreed. Everything seemed good but they called for the first time at 5:39 pm the day before the install. I couldn't take the call so had asked my wife to call them back and she did so at 5:43 pm the same day. Now Kenny says that we didn't call back else he would have gotten a message. So I took off work to be home for the delivery but no contact as of 10:11 am on the day of delivery, when I called them. Had to leave a message. Finally got a callback indicating that delivery would be around 2pm. As of 5pm, no delivery. So I wasted a day off work due to poor communication from Ozone. After repeated calls to the Kennesaw store, eventually they got belligerent and "explained" to me that 3 hour setup was norm (I was never told this in the sales process), they couldn't help traffic, etc. (I'm reasonable -- a little bit of communication would go a long way.) We ended up cancelling the order because Ozone was unable to fulfill.

8. RedVTZeke on 2/8/2015 8:33:41 AM

Good for you! Can you imagine what follow up or warranty calls would have been like with an outfit that couldn't provide a clean install and setup?

Keep your eyes on Craig's List for a good used table.

A nice Brunswick Medalist can be found in the under 2K price range. Guess how I know this to be so ;)

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

• Title: Any info on Ozone Billiards tables?
  • Author:
  • Published: 11/9/2012 2:45:56 PM