By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Follow and Draw effect on Bank Shot Rebound Angle

Recently, a friend of mine, Nick, commented that he can't make bank shots when he uses draw on the cue ball, but he can if he is using follow. I thought this was strange, as I don't think that it matters if a player uses draw or follow on a bank shot. I think that since draw and follow are on the vertical axis of the cue ball, the object ball that is being banked is going to rebound the same off the rail assuming both shots are hit with the same speed.

What does everyone else think about how object balls rebound when banked using follow or draw? Does the object ball rebound at the same angle, or different, when using follow vs. draw?

Replies & Comments

1. Pool PsycheZeke on 4/12/2014 10:29:09 AM

When the CB strikes an OB, draw vs. follow has a very distinct result; that being, draw increase the OB deflection angle and follow reduces it.

Since that is so, wouldn't striking the rail with draw or follow induced by the CB onto the OB - also result in altered deflection angle - since some of the CB's draw/follow also is transferred to the OB to a lesser degree?

I suspect we could test the effect either way by simply observing the results on our own table after just a few strokes.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

• Title: Follow and Draw effect on Bank Shot Rebound Angle
  • Author:
  • Published: 4/11/2014 10:45:01 PM