By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Cue ID help

Cue ID help

Hey, I'm new here and wanted to get help ID'ing a cue if possible, or just figuring out if it has any value. It originally belonged to my grandfather and was given to me by my uncle over 20 years ago.

I don't see any markings on it, but there appears to be some sticker residue in the shape of a small oval near the heel.

Any help is appreciated!

Cue ID help

Replies & Comments

1. dvmabarrZiggy_Lee on 1/29/2015 1:16:08 PM

Hello and welcome to the site. I've seen these cues over the years, they are a not worth much, you can find them on Ebay for next to nothing. Those cues have been made the same for many years. I've seen them sell for $20 or a bit more. You see them at garage sales and swap meets. I hope this helps, sorry it's not big dollar cue. Take care

Chris

2. dvmabarrdvmabarr on 1/29/2015 3:57:25 PM

Chris, thank you for the fast and honest reply...that was exactly what I wanted to know!

Matthew

3. dvmabarrZeke on 1/30/2015 8:44:29 AM

Totally agree with Chris. If it's dead-straight, has a decent case, nice tip and you can determine the weight to be in the "desirable" range (usually 18 or 19 ounces) it might bring $50 - tops.

In all likelihood, the oval sticky is residue from a label stating the cue's weight. If you care, pretend you're going to ship it some place and have a postal clerk throw it on their postage scale to get the true weight. Either that, or do what I did, buy a 0-2 lb. digital scale for ~10-bucks on-line and weigh stuff yourself.

The error of weight labels compared to a true scale reading is significant!

4. dvmabarrdvmabarr on 1/30/2015 9:09:17 AM

Zeke, thanks for the additional info. I will get an accurate weight if I ever go to sell it.

Matthew

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

Cue ID help

• Title: Cue ID help
  • Author:
  • Published: 1/29/2015 10:28:28 AM