By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Need Help Identifying an Old Pool Cue

Can someone help me with identifying this cue it belonged to my uncle He was a sportscaster in Detroit from late 30s to late 50s

Replies & Comments

1. rluckygZeke on 2/4/2015 8:35:55 AM

Unless it was re-tipped (the tip dimensions and shape suggest it was neither abused nor used much), it looks to be in great condition. Of course the picture does not reveal if the stick is straight or not, it has no obvious issues.

The color's a tad odd but I've seen a few red butt sticks before - just not that emphasized...

I have no idea who makes this style but if you really need to know, perhaps a better definition picture of the joint might help? Then too, if you could remove the butt plug, how the weights are situated or in what manner they are mounted might mean something to one of us.

2. rluckygZiggy_Lee on 2/4/2015 9:23:44 AM

I say the same thing looks to have never been used. I'm not sure about this cue, I might want to look under the bumper sometimes that can give answers. I would also want to see a better pic of the joint. Good luck in your search. I love collecting cues.

3. rluckygrluckyg on 2/4/2015 1:27:35 PM

Thanks for the replies here are some better pics of the joint. The cue is very straight and I did have the ferrel replaced the original was a long one also. Thanks for any comments you may have.

4. rluckygZeke on 2/4/2015 2:33:50 PM

The joint looks unconventional and suspect. Suspect as in quality of the stick, not the integrity of the joint.

Remember, the shooter determines the cue-stick's abilities, not the make, price or value.

I just don't think it looks like anything special or terribly collectible.

Got a case? If so, show us a picture if possible.

5. rluckygMark Bellamy on 12/20/2017 7:42:09 PM

How much do you want for this pool cue?

I pay via PayPal or with cash.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

• Title: Need Help Identifying an Old Pool Cue
  • Author: (Ron Gary)
  • Published: 2/4/2015 7:10:31 AM