By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Leather tip pool cue vs. felt tip?

I went to the store today to pick up a new pool cue. When I found one I liked, I looked at it and asked the man why there was no felt on the tip of the cue. He said I didn't need felt, that the leather tip should be shaped, then chalked and used that way. I don't play pool, I am new to this. But is this normal? Cause I have never seen a cue without felt on the tip.

Replies & Comments

1. lauramdvZeke on 4/7/2015 7:27:21 AM

That's funny.

And I never saw a cue stick tipped in anything BUT leather...(or an equal durable synthetic material that looked, felt and performed exactly like leather).

Trust me, felt tipped cue sticks are either "toys" not meant for serious play - or, a cuestick awaiting a personalized cue tip - made of leather...

2. lauramdvZiggy_Lee on 4/7/2015 7:30:23 AM

I have been playing pool billiards what ever you refer to it for over 35 years. I have never saw a cue with a felt tip. Now I have used a felt pad under the leather tip. If you tried to shoot a shot with a felt tip, IMO it would miscue. Anyway welcome to the game and enjoy it, it's a fun game you can play as long as you have a heart beat.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

• Title: Leather tip pool cue vs. felt tip?
  • Author:
  • Published: 4/6/2015 1:36:53 PM