By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Putting a Dynamo-McIntire Pool Table in My Garage

I bought a Dynamo-McIntire one owner pool tabl from Craig's list.

After some thought I decided the features of this old table made this a great buy.

The brochure image was uploaded by a member here, and is why I made the choice.

I hired professional movers to move table this week, really excited. I'm thinking I'll have them replace felt and check cushions.

Should I do this? If so, what should I watch for?

Replies & Comments

1. MikeyZeke on 6/15/2015 2:34:20 PM

Sounds like you already bought it? Nowhere does it say it's slate - and for what the original price was, I suspect it is "hardwood."

I didn't see the playing dimensions of the one you bought. What size is it?

2. MikeyMikey on 6/15/2015 4:23:15 PM

It's an 8x5 OS pool table. I don't know what "over sized" means, other than the obvious. I'm sure there's more to OS than that.

I'm setting it up in my garage in Florida . Have not got my hands on it yet still at the original owners house ( paid for ) I'm having it moved by the pool table doctor this week. My daughters brother in law just used them and said they really paid attention to detail. $295 to move, $395 new felt.

This is a rough sketch of what I think from what I've read the best way to position the table. I want to put some chairs on the left side a small bar at the front ( low and narrow ) and a small fridge in the front right corner. I tried to keep five foot all around table. The garage door is at the bottom and can be raised if needed.

Any suggestions?

3. MikeyZeke on 6/17/2015 6:54:06 AM

"Tight rooms" aren't "tight" - if the minimum dimensions listed here: Home Billiard Room Table Size - are observed.

But putting chairs in the corners seems to be minimize any conflicts as well. Chairs can always be moved to make shots. But moving the bar - not so much ;)

4. MikeyMikey on 6/17/2015 7:18:41 AM

Thanks Zeke, that's a good chart to use. You gave me a idea also. Put casters on a small low bar really something just to be able to put some snacks and drink station on. That way every thing is movable. Along with the chairs you suggest. Thanks

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

• Title: Putting a Dynamo-McIntire Pool Table in My Garage
  • Author: (Mike Alan)
  • Published: 6/15/2015 6:24:07 AM