By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Bumper Pool Table With Three Holes

I'm restoring a coin op bumper pool table that was in my parents house for almost 50 years.

It has a third hole right in the middle of the table.

Anyone ever hear of this or know what the hole is for?

Since this is a coin op table, all the balls that are pocketed during game play would have to stay pocketed, so there can be no rule that says a pocketed ball must be re-tabled.

Replies & Comments

1. richiep1Fenwick on 9/27/2009 8:47:51 AM

Five months late but the center pocket should have 4 bumpers around it. If you were good you could either use the bumper to pocket a shot or send your oponents ball into the center pocket. If I remember correctly a ball made in the center hole did not count? After doing a search it would seem not all tables had a center pocket. Some tables have 8 bumpers in the center of the table and no hole.

2. richiep1guest on 1/1/2010 1:59:37 PM

I just received the same table from my parents. Played the game as often as my kids use computers today. The winner must sink his last ball in the center pocket. All balls remain pocketed. If You sink an opponents ball it stays in. However, if you sink your own ball in your opponents pocket then he gets to remove two of his balls from the table. Hope this helps.

3. richiep1Paxton 27 on 12/10/2011 3:30:11 PM

I am more then exited! Reply #2 is correct, however that is not the reason for my excitement.

I have been searching for a 3 holed bumper pool table for years. When I was young I loved playing on our friends table. It was larger then the 2 holed table and the "end" bumpers were placed off the back ends allowing a "back door" entry into your designated hole. Much more challenging and fun.

Could someone please tell me where I could purchase this type of bumper pool table.

Thank you so much in advance. Paxton 27

4. richiep1guest on 8/17/2012 7:20:35 PM

I have one to sell, have had it for years, it originally came with coin op mechanism, but it was taken out for free play and has since been lost, table is in great condition but does need to be re-felted, let me know if your interested. I am in southern CA.

5. richiep1tasha_silvester on 10/5/2012 3:15:27 AM

I have one of such three hole tables. The third hole is in the center. The last ball has to go into the center hole. My table takes 2 dimes, and the bumpers light up.

6. richiep1Pioneer4x4 on 7/24/2013 9:42:24 AM

I have an old "Chicago Coin" table, takes 2 dimes, 14 bumpers (1 behind each end hole) and 3 holes (1 in the center) It has a transformer and the bumpers light up. I have not used it in 20 years. I recovered it a long time ago, and put new bumpers and new balls.

I live near Pittsburgh if anyone is interested.

7. richiep1Fenwick on 7/29/2013 7:34:59 PM

That's right. I knew you needed to make the last ball in the center hole but forgot. I haven't played since 66 or 67. Never played on a table with lighted bumpers but I wasn't old enough to go in bars.I think there were a lot of different rules. When I was old enough the bumper tables were gone.

8. richiep1Grandpag on 12/28/2015 5:55:33 PM

I'm looking for a 3 hole bumper pool table.

Help please.

Grandpag

9. richiep1user1477968988 on 10/31/2016 10:56:30 PM

I have one 1950s Chicago-style 3-hole bumper pool table. I have not yet got it all tested out, but I will be trying it this weekend after a long time in storage.

Is anyone interested?

10. richiep1Paxton 27 on 11/5/2016 11:16:00 PM

I have been very busy the last few years and have not been checking replies.

@Pioneer4x4 in Pittsburgh - Do you still have his three hole bumper pool table?

If anyone has a 3-hole bumper pool table for sale, I am very interested.

Could you send me some pictures?

11. richiep1user1546024048 on 12/28/2018 11:07:29 AM

I have a 1950's Chicago coin operated three hold bumper pool table clover style.

I'm in search of the posts/pegs for it.

Does anyone has information of a supplier?

12. richiep1Pioneer4x4 on 1/8/2020 5:42:38 AM

Mine has been gone for years, and I just moved and have a basement that would be perfect for it, and would love to have it back... OH well.

When I redid my bumper pool table back in the 1980s I believe they were called "Jumbo" bumpers. They are hollow (and a light would go up inside) and had one main piece, one screw on plastic nut, and one plastic cap that held the rubber bumper on.

Back then I had to get a set of 12, plus two loose ones.

They looked like this.

50562_01.jpg

They are easy to find:

gameroomguys.com/Jumbo-Bumper-Pool-Post-Red

But $9 each seems steep to me. I am sure there are others, that is just the first hit I found.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

• Title: Bumper Pool Table With Three Holes
  • Author:
  • Published: 4/28/2009 1:13:50 PM