By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Dynamo-McIntire Pool Table

Can any one tell me about the Dynamo-McIntire company?

We bought a new house that came with a Dynamo-McIntire pool table. I'm told that it has a 1" slate and is made from solid oak.

No local billiard retailer has ever heard of this company. Based on other for sale ads I have learned that it was made in Fort Worth Texas and I know the company was still alive in 1988 as I found reference to them hiring new north American sales reps, but other than that, I know nothing else about the company.

Can any one shed some light on this manufacturer?

Is the table worth putting money into or should I just play on it for now and save up to buy a better table?

Replies & Comments

1. renderwguest on 3/1/2010 11:05:20 AM

i own a Dynamo mcintire table that is made with mahogany,i bought it in 88 when they were located on belt line south irving area. last i heard the company split around that time.

2. renderwDaveFST on 8/26/2010 8:31:44 PM

I also own a Dynamo-McIntire table. It is a solid mahogany 8' oversize with 3 piece one inch slate. I bought it new in 1990. The story I heard was that "Mr. McIntire retired and was bought out by Dynamo (as in Tornado and Dynamo Foosball tables). They were then purchased by Brunswick sometime later and became a "division" of Brunswick. Last I knew, Dynamo tables were only available as coin operated models. It's been quite a few years since I heard all of this and I'm not sure it's 100% accurate. I still have the original paperwork and company sales flyer for my table. The very place I bought it from 20 years ago (I have the original invoice) claims that they not only have never heard of it but didn't sell it to me in the first place. Of course most of the dim wits working there were in diapers when I bought it. My table pretty much looks like it did 20 years ago and still plays like new minus the worn out felt. I think it would be worth putting some money into as it was a middle to higher end table at the time I purchased mine. Guess it depends on what shape yours is in and how much you would need to spend to get it where you want it. Let me put it this way, I don't think I have anything else that I had 20 years ago, but my pool table is still here and still performing like new! I remember the installers telling me that they had to go to Fort Worth for a week to learn how to assemble the tables from the factory. To give you a rough idea on worth, the list price in 1990 for my Hering model was $3199 and was selling for around $2500.

3. renderwrenderw on 8/27/2010 12:55:46 PM

In the new house now and have taken a better look at the table.. yes it is 1" slate in 3 pieces. It required some leveling that I did my self.. seems fine so far.. However the wood it is made of is crap, it's all particle board. Looks real on the outside but when you go under and look up it's not.. the table plays fine.. a little slow. it's made for snooker as it has rounded pockets.. seems to play fine for now... No reason to upgrade but it's no collectors edition either.

Thanks for the response. Very much appreciated.

4. renderwDaveFST on 9/1/2010 9:04:01 PM

Don't know much about Dynamo-McIntire except for the table I have and what I've heard,which isn't much. You know everything I do (after my last post). When I bought it, I wasn't shopping for that brand so I didn't do a lot of research on the company except to call them to ask about my model. Mine was the only D-M table I saw or have ever seen in person. Got a good deal on a floor model and went with it. I suppose it's entirely possible that they made cheaper models like the one you describe. Even so, I'm sure it couldn't be entirely bad if it's got one inch slate on it. I think I'd at least get some estimates on what you want fixed compared to the cost of a new table. I'm getting ready to have my felt redone with tournament cloth and I think it will make a big difference. If you can, I'd like to see a pic of your table, just out of curiosity.

5. renderwrenderw on 9/6/2010 12:24:32 PM

I took some pics of my table. but there seems to be no way to post them on this forum. I hope I can post a link to flickr where I posted them for you.

...moderator update: Updated your original post with the photos. Sorry about the issues.

6. renderwDaveFST on 9/8/2010 8:08:04 PM

Checked out your pics. Yours looks similar to mine, only oak versus mahogany. I took some pics tonight and think I have attached them successfully. I guess I'm a D-M fan because I bought mine new, so it has a lot of personal history, and it's been around for 20 years and never failed me. There also doesn't seem to be many of them around, which makes them more unique. You never did say what it was that your table needed when you said "is the table worth putting money into"? I know from recent shopping it will cost me around $250 to replace my felt or $450 to replace it with tournament cloth. Those prices are to come to my house and do the complete job. Hope that helps.

7. renderwrenderw on 9/9/2010 11:18:35 AM

the over all look of the two tables do appear to be similar.. but when you look at the construction you can see the difference..

my side wall are 1 board (5/8" I would guess) thick, where as yours are 2 boards thick, and yours is clearly real wood where mine is just a veneer on melamine.. also all the cross board construction is plywood on mine where your is real wood.. I'm guessing the same type slate/felt/bumpers and pockets.. so I guess at the end of the day they would play rather similar.. but yours is much better material!

As for why I asked- it is a slow table (felt) and I was thinking about changing the bumpers from snooker to 8 ball. after watching my 18 month old run around with a pool cue in his hand while I chase him.. I decided to wait on putting any money into it.. or anything else in the house ;) I'll wait until he gains a little more respect for things and see at that point.. in the mean while, it's level now and still a lot of fun to play with the boys and at the end of the day that's really what it's all about for me.

Thanks for pics.. very nice to see..

8. renderwDaveFST on 9/9/2010 7:37:57 PM

Thought you might like to see the original company sales flyer for mine. I know what you mean with the kids. My daughter wasn't allowed on mine for a long time! Let me know if that pic is too small to read (and if you're interested) I can try to blow it up a little of section it into a few pieces that would be larger. I think it was resized smaller when I uploaded it.

9. renderwUniversalBilliards on 5/26/2015 5:46:00 AM

Hi, all. This is a late reply, but I just came across this posting. My father, Daniel McIntire, was a part of Dynamo McIntire. He moved on to open Universal Billiards, also out of Dallas, and we can give you more insight into the quality of your products. Call our store: 972-247-3001, and ask for me, Ciarra.

10. renderwMikey on 6/13/2015 10:49:04 AM

I saw this thread and it so impressed me that I decided to make the Dynamo-McIntire my very first pool table.

I am going to try and freshen up the cabinet, redo the felt, check the rails and replace if needed. anyone who would like to put in their two cents I would love to hear the comments and suggestions.

The table was found on Craigslist for a fantastic price. One owner always moved by pro's when moved and the last time the cushions were replaced maybe eight years ago. lots of scratches and scuffs, pockets are leather and in great shape. The owner kept in in the house and their house was very nice.. It was just used for 30 years. Same old story decided they would rather have the room

Mikey the beginner :-)

11. renderwuser1639110044 on 12/9/2021 8:20:44 PM

Here is my Dynamo Mcintire pool table.

I bought it used about 25 years ago. I'm getting some new cloth and cushions for it next week. I LOVE IT.

aaaaaa.jpg

12. renderwmiketeked on 4/19/2023 8:33:51 PM

I bought my Dynamo-McIntire pool table, used, in 2015 for $100.

I put a new Simonis felt on it and have really enjoyed it.

I’m thinking of trying to level it a little better but am hoping to be able to do it without removing the cloth.

AEEB41BF-86A2-48CE-B100-BE565E2BF49E.jpeg

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

• Title: Dynamo-McIntire Pool Table
  • Author:
  • Published: 2/2/2010 3:04:30 PM