By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

All-Tech Industries Inc. Sixties Pool Table

A couple of weeks ago I acquire this "All-Tech industries" 8 foot pool table. Is in great shape for being a coin table from the sixties!

All-Tech is not around anymore as far as I know, maybe under a new name, time will tell. I don't know the value of this table in today's market nor I care. I really like the look of it and that is was made for outdoors, it makes a great conversation piece.

I have never attempted to restore something like this, that is where you guys come in. I'm looking for some direction as to where I may be able to find parts, refinish some parts....etc. for this table. All I was able to find out about this table is that it was made in Hialeah, Florida In the sixties! and most of it was from this article (page 59) http://books.google.com/books?id=zwoEAAAAMBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated!

Replies & Comments

1. bigk40plusFenwick on 7/2/2012 7:41:16 AM

You will want to reach out to realkingcobra@aol.com. He's also a member here on the Billiards Forum as well.

2. bigk40plusMitch Alsup on 7/2/2012 7:59:51 AM

I agree with the RealKingCobra as THE guy who restores the "playability" of pool tables.

However, most restoration projects are simply woodwork the average 'joe' can perform. RKC is for getting the rails cut, pocket openings straightened out, and the table playing well, not for the rest of the furnature issues that may exist.

As to obtaining older parts, you are likely to have as much luck as Jay Leno has with restoration parts of a 1910 motor car. That is NADA. Jay has resorted to a 3D printer and a 3D camera setup to manufacture his own brand new parts for his cars. In this cae Jay just pays the bills and has a team of workshop people doing the various jobs.

3. bigk40plusbigk40plus on 7/8/2012 1:01:49 AM

Thanks for the response! Everything works perfect on the table, I'm playing the table now and having a great time when people come over! I can customize it and make a cool retro version of it. I was so curious about the history of the fiberglass table. That is why I'm trying to revive the table.

They build so many of these tables back in the 60's and early part of the 70's that you would think it would be a a little easier to find some of the generic parts like the legs and score counters but it has been many months of searching with no luck. Everything else can be recondition like new.

Is to hot and humid in Florida at this time of the year to work on refurbishing the table so we will continue playing and researching until the cool weather in January of 2013. If I can't find any of the original parts, then is time to work on a retro version of it!

Thanks and if you find any additional information that can help, it would be greatly appreciated!

4. bigk40pluswrenegade on 4/2/2014 3:37:30 PM

I also have an All-Tech Industries Inc. pool table that was manufactured in the mid-1960s. My father purchased it in 1968 and recently it was moved from the family home to my home. Unfortunately the 1-piece slate cracked in the process.

The slate (od) measures 91-1/2” long by 47-1/2” wide (slate diagram attached) The playing area (bumper nose to nose) 88” X 44”

I am looking to purchse a replacement slate. Attached are pictures of the table and the dimensions of the slate. If you know where I can find a replacement, please post to this forum. I will be checking it on a regular basis with my fingers crossed.

5. bigk40plusZeke on 4/3/2014 8:08:26 AM

Despite the original post being almost 3-year old - and the thread being rekindled by 'wrenegade' yesterday, I too wonder about replacement slates.

One never knows when a firearm might be accidentally discharged in the game room and a slate cracked ;)

I just emailed the U.S. Association of slate miners to find out who's mining and supplying finished slates for billiard table manufacturers.

I suspect there is an intermediate wholesaler or two that contracts rough slabs from mines and then does all the finish work to a manufacture's spec. and ships finished slates to a table maker. But, I really don't know that.

When I get a response, I'll post it here.

6. bigk40plusZeke on 4/3/2014 9:59:18 AM

Just got this reply:

Hello "Zeke,"

In the 1600, 1700 and 1800's, most of the slate for billiard tables was supplied by the Italian, German and some Spanish quarries. When the US slate quarries opened up in the late 1800's and early 1900's, some of them especially the Pennsylvania quarries' made slate for billiard tables. Around 1990 the Brazilian quarry's came into the market and could and did undercut everyone. They now dominate the billiard slate supply market.

Unfortunately, there are only 2 PA slate quarries currently in operation. I believe one has the ability but not incentive, to make slate for tables.

Most of the Members of the NSA , focus with slate for roofing. While there are a few NSA Member Importers, (I know most of them), I don't believe any are active in billiard slate.

I have personally spoken with the Buyer for Brunswick who in 2002 contacted me as he was looking to sell his domestic inventory for very cheap. I believe they were going to go out of country for production. This leaves the small privately owned Billiard table manufacturers who I am confident are already Brazilian or Italian quarry direct.

Regarding your question. The NSA does not gather data or maintain records of the product activities of it's Members.

Thank you on behalf of:

The National Slate Association
    Craig LeGere
    Board of Director

7. bigk40pluswrenegade on 4/3/2014 1:03:59 PM

Zeke,

Thank you very much for the update on slate production.

I've been told (by a distributor) that it would be cheeper to buy a new table then to replace the slate. I'm sentimental as this is the only thing I have from my deceased father. I don't want to part with this table.

Carrie

8. bigk40plusZeke on 4/3/2014 2:17:28 PM

Carrie, if you get the right tech, I'm sure the slate could be repaired.

I know two guys. One from VT that I couldn't recommend and one from the Philadelphia area that's likely as good as there is.

If you live within 100 miles of Philly, this is THE guy: Rob Kay, tabletek.net@gmail.com

9. bigk40pluswrenegade on 4/4/2014 11:36:30 AM

Zeke,

Thank you very much for providing me some hope that a repair might be possible. It will be family and friends that will be using the table. I live in California (north bay area) but sent an email to Rob in Philly to see if he could refer me to someone in my neck of the woods.

Regards, Carrie

10. bigk40plusguest on 6/13/2014 10:33:47 AM

I'm not even sure if I am doing a post in a way that it will appear? Anyway, I was googling All-Tech pool tables because I have my dad's and it seems I may be forced to get rid of due to a divorce situation. Like Carrie's it has a single slate. It is at my former spouse's home, so I have no way to take pictures of it, but I do know that the outside dimensions of it are 101x55, so it sounds quite probable that the slate in it might be the same size as what Carrie needs. I have no idea where Carrie is. I'm in Virginia. And as she already found out, moving them can mean breaking that slate, so I think paying a professional to do it would be the way to go.

11. bigk40pluswrenegade on 6/13/2014 12:30:09 PM

Hello Guest Account/Member #32:

I highly recommend hiring a professional pool table mover that is bonded or has insurance for the job. It took 3 strong men to carry the two pieces of slate (after it broke) upstairs. I doubt they would have been able to move the slate if it were in once piece. Manuevering something that large and heavy between multiple people is very tricky - especially on stairs or narrow hallways. A pool table distributor told me that the reason they now use 3-piece slates on newer tables. A single piece slate is more difficult to move and likely to break if moved. Sure wish you were in California; I would offer to buy your table.

Regards, Carrie

12. bigk40plusguest on 6/16/2014 7:31:27 AM

Thank you Carrie. I had actually made the post thinking you might be interested in it for the cost of moving it, but not knowing you were in California.The good news is, I think I've got situation worked out with some professional movers and a friend that wants it. Thanks for your help!

13. bigk40plusguest on 8/31/2014 7:50:33 PM

I have one like this exactly all tech made in Hialeah fl model 7c serial #839. And I really want it out of my basement, it came with the house. It's coin op and was previously in a tavern here in wisconsin,

14. bigk40plusstacysmom1970 on 3/16/2016 2:40:41 PM

I have one of these tables I am wanting to sell. Can anyone tell me how much its worth? Thank you in advance.

15. bigk40pluswrenegade on 3/17/2016 12:41:38 PM

Hi Stacy's Mom. If you live in California, I might be interested in purchasing your pool table. The cost to ship it from another state would be cost prohibited for me. Please reply to the forum with just your state. If it is a match I will send you my contact information.
    Carrie

16. bigk40plususer1487909780 on 2/23/2017 11:16:21 PM

I just restored my table but I am lacking the rubber insert that goes inside the aluminum bumper around the top if anyone has one in good shape from their table I would like to buy it.

yUjKjbdd-142884381.jpg

17. bigk40plusmammaj on 2/24/2017 5:41:15 PM

I just bought an All-Tech 7ft 7-c pool table. I have have searched for any information about the table. This forum is about all I have come up with. I am looking to restore it. I am not planning a total restore just minor. I have never had a pool table and have no idea how to get it part in order to refelt the table. I looked on you tube but none of those videos seem to be like this old school table. If any one can please help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

18. bigk40plususer1489016177 on 3/8/2017 6:36:18 PM

If anyone is interested in buying an All Tech table -we our selling ours. The previous owner had the felt redone in 2013. We have no idea what its worth but we are looking to sell it ASAP. The table is in excellent condition and I can email pictures to anyone interested. We live in CA - just outside the Sacramento area. leahprior@live.com

19. bigk40plususer1489408560 on 3/13/2017 8:36:02 AM

I have a nice Alltech Industries pool table for sale in good shape!

20. bigk40plususer1496406433 on 6/2/2017 8:27:14 AM

I see this thread has been active recently. I'm the current owner of the All-Tech pool table in the attached picture, but sadly I need to part ways with it. I bought it from a friend as a project, but I haven't had the time and now a move is putting an end to that plan.

The slate is in perfect shape, and the inner workings of the table are all in good order. It needs new felt, and there's some damage to the fiberglass of the body, but everything is original and the table still plays well.

Make me an offer, whether you need the whole thing or just some hard-to-find parts, I'd rather see it go to someone who can get some good use out of it.

IMG_0425.jpg

21. bigk40plususer1520578126 on 3/9/2018 1:48:47 AM

Would you consider selling a piece of your ATI pool table separately?

The metal trim piece below was damaged when the movers let it fall on the street. I did not realize it until it was too late. If you could help me out I would appreciate it.

Screenshot_20180308-205743.jpg

received_2085516961694286.jpeg

22. bigk40plusghassen on 9/14/2018 1:35:51 PM

I'm looking for any information on how to dismantle an ALL-TECH Model 718 pool table. Also, any information on if this has a one piece slate top or three piece slate top. This is an 8ft table and I need to have it moved to a new location. I contacted the local billiard company who had no idea on how to take the table apart or had ever seen one of these.

23. bigk40plususer1489408560 on 9/15/2018 5:27:19 AM

These All-Tech pool tables have a 1-piece slate top. They come apart easily. You just take the rails off and the slate pulls out.

24. bigk40plusghassen on 9/15/2018 2:38:45 PM

Thanks for the follow up and I'll pass this on to the pool table movers.

25. bigk40plusgreenflan2 on 1/4/2020 7:10:49 AM

Does anyone know specifically how to remove the rails on an All-Tech Industries fiberglass pool table from the 1960s?

I have one very similar to the first one listed in this question and I need to replace the bumpers and re-cloth the pool table.

I looked underneath but I don't see any bolts to remove. I can't figure out how they are attached and I don't want to tear it up trying to figure it out.

26. bigk40plusghassen on 1/4/2020 4:02:49 PM

If your pool table is like mine, you'll see a rubber insert along the entire pool table. Look for where the two pieces come together, that is both ends.

You'll need to lift one end of this up and peel this off to expose the bolts that attach the top of the table to the bottom. Or at least this is how my table is laid out. Once you remove the table top attachment bolts, you can lift this off the table.

You should have help with this step. It's not that's it's heavy, it's just awkward to handle by yourself.

Good luck.

27. bigk40plusgreenflan2 on 1/4/2020 6:40:02 PM

Thanks @ghassen for the reply. That was exactly what I needed to know.

Does anyone know what cushion profile is correct for these All-Tech Industries tables?

28. bigk40plususer1579382913 on 1/18/2020 1:28:35 PM

I have an ATI All-Tech 7C pool table and I need to know how to remove the rails so that I can re-felt the pool table.

I don't see any screws to remove to dismantle the pool table. Does anyone know how it's done?

Thanks for any help.

29. bigk40plususer1584222854 on 3/14/2020 2:54:14 PM

To remove the rails you need to remove the long bolts coming from the outside trim. That's what holds them on.

I am in search of a rail for an All-Tech pool table if anyone wants to sell...

30. bigk40plususer1659629191 on 8/4/2022 4:06:32 PM

Here's the cushion profile I found on my All-Tech pool table:

MASTER
    U-23 CUSHION
    N-121
    Raybestos - Manhattan, Inc.
    Manhattan Rubber Division
    Passaic, New Jersey

20220729_123015.jpg

31. bigk40plusChetDaPhucup on 2/12/2023 2:53:01 PM

@user1520578126 - The metal trim for the rails that you need for your A.T.I. pool table can be found at any boat / marine shop.

Also, for those of you in need of original ATI pool table parts for your restoration project, I have good news!

I'm parting out an All-Tech model #G8 pool table (serial #500). It's the coin operated version. Everything is good on it except the rubber trim and one foot on the legs.

Let me know what you are in need of and I'll send you a photo.

For shipping calculations; FOB-95360.

32. bigk40plususer1699872878 on 11/13/2023 5:54:39 AM

I too am researching moving a vintage All-Tech pool table for a 3-hour trek, in the Southeast.

I found an All-Tech pool table assembly diagram located in photos of an expired auction "Lot 265: ALL-TECH INDUSTRIES HIALEAH FLORIDA POOL TABLE WITH SCOREKEEPER".

invaluable.com/auction-lot/all-tech-industries-hiaeeah-florida-pool-table-wi-265-c-3c7468bbd1

Even if your ATI pool table is a different model, the diagram may be useful in general to see the way the tables are constructed .

Please keep this thread going with helpful tips, as this seems to be the only place to find All-Tech information and owner support. I suggest if you have contact information, photos, or details to share, put them in an online file sharing system (Google Drove, DropBox folder) then share the link (adjust the sharing settings on the folder).

Blessings to all!
    Kelela

3CF123E7-114E-4BE3-B60B-06F0C19880CB.png

33. bigk40plususer1703107567 on 12/20/2023 4:26:09 PM

Has anyone had any luck finding the rubber inserts for the metal trim for this pool table?

Alternatively, has anyone come up with a solution other than the original rubber insert?

Thanks in advance for any info.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

• Title: All-Tech Industries Inc. Sixties Pool Table
  • Author:
  • Published: 11/10/2011 9:48:27 AM