By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Need help identifying the model of my Gandy

I've been given the responsibility of selling my father's 8' Gandy pool table.

The problem is, I can't identify the model and since Gandy no longer exists, I'm having trouble researching Gandy pool tables.

I'm assuming it's a Gandy Alexander pool table?

Can anyone help me identify the model and how much these go for?

Here are images.

Replies & Comments

1. RidedasnoFenwick on 1/10/2015 7:27:42 AM

Regular price: $1,699.00

Sale price: $999.00

Just a guess, see above.

turntablebilliards.net/images/products/TimmyJohn34/gandy1.JPG

I could only find one like yours. Try here to get a fair price, make and model. See below. You can always come down.

drbilliards.com/8gapota.html

2. RidedasnoRidedasno on 1/10/2015 11:17:42 AM

Thanks for the reply. I saw that one and they look similar but I was told this pool table was purchased for $10k some years back. In order for me to determine the true price, I need help identifying the model. Do Gandy's have a model number or identifier somewhere on the table?

3. RidedasnoFenwick on 1/15/2015 3:47:28 PM

Start high like I said. They don't make them like that any more. I knew it wasn't a $1,000 table. Other then what I've said, "I know nothing." T.T.T

4. RidedasnoZeke on 1/16/2015 7:26:18 AM

Pool tables and cars are similar in depreciation.

The day you buy a new car or pool table, the buyer takes a huge hit. After 10+ years - the "hit" must be amortized over the life expectancy. If the car or pool table was originally a Lincoln or Cadillac - Grandby or Brunswick Gold - the original cost is irrelevant.

No matter how you slice it, it's still an old, used piece of property. What it's actually worth can only be determined by what someone is willing to pay for it. As Rick says on "Pawn Stars," "What they ask on eBay has nothing to do with what something actually sells for." There's the asking price (which is interesting) - then, there's the actual sales price (which is everything).

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

• Title: Need help identifying the model of my Gandy
  • Author:
  • Published: 1/9/2015 6:06:46 PM
  • Last Updated: 1/13/2022 3:27:58 AM
  • Last Updated By: billiardsforum (Billiards Forum)