By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Best 7 ft. Pool Table, Vintage or Otherwise, for Home Use?

What are the best looking 7 ft. billiard tables for home use that do not look like a commercial coin operated table? I have been looking online but can't find the smaller tables by Brunswick etc. I am a league player and desire a pool room in my house.

Replies & Comments

1. Brentlafocusnet on 9/16/2016 7:49:27 AM

From my experience, the best pool table is definitely Imperial's The Montvale, or Fat Cat Reno II.

2. Brentlauser1526547216 on 5/17/2018 4:53:38 AM

Make sure you buy some good quality pool tables. I had friends who bought cheap pool tables and they were crap. The slate was thin and the cloth would tear so easy. You can buy used pool tables just make sure they are a couple of things.

1. Legs are sturdy. If you can jiggle it and the table wiggles....crap. Legs have to be sturdy enough were if you to lean on it...the table won't move.
    2. The pool table cloth is top quality. Cheap cloth will tear and wear easily. Simonis cloth is the most popular.
    3. The most important part of the pool table is the slate. It should be at least 1 inch thick. If the slate is too thin, it will warp on you quickly and next thing you know when you make a shot, the ball will slightly swerve.

If you can get a hold of Brunswick Gold Crown pool table, that will last you a lifetime. They are excellent pool tables but they are expensive. But if you decide to get this, you will never regret it because of it solid. Also if space isn't an issue, get the 4 1/2 x 9, they are standard tournament size. All major pool halls only use 4 1/2 x 9's.

Another important thing, if you are assembling it, you'd better know what you are doing. Make sure the cloth is on tight and most important of all, that it is level. If you put a ball in the center of the table and if it rolls on either side, then it means that you messed up. Use a leveler of course but make sure it is dead center.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

• Title: Best 7 ft. Pool Table, Vintage or Otherwise, for Home Use?
  • Author: (Brent Wolfberg)
  • Published: 4/28/2015 7:44:10 PM