By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Meucci Originals David Howard Value and Info

I have been playing billiards since I was 5 years old and gave it up about 12 years ago for a steady job and family.

I want to sell these two Meucci cues and need a little information about them before I part with them. Better to have someone put them to good use rather than sit in the closet.

The cues have been used but are in good condition.

Pictures attached:

1. Meucci Original David Howard (About year 1989 or 1990) (13mm shaft) (19oz)
  2. Meucci Original (4 point) (12mm Shaft) (21oz) (about 1988)

Can someone tell me anything about them?

What value would they bring?

Replies & Comments

1. Hardhitbilliardsforum on 5/30/2016 5:01:29 AM

I can't really help you on the value of those Meucci cues, but I can tell you that there is a decent size collectors market for Meucci cues, especially those from before the 1990's (like yours).

The first is a Meucci DH-2 from the David Howard DH series. Sometimes referred to as the "David Howard Dart Cue". I've seen these get $600 to $900 in perfect mint condition (basically unused). In used condition, expect much lower. For example, this one was for sale for $200 in 2012 (and market is softer now).

The second cue looks to be a Meucci 84-7. This was a design carried forward from the Meucci Buddy Hall series I believe. The design here was later carried forward into the Meucci 95-12 and then to the Meucci M-7.

You can have it restored at Meucci for about $150 and it will look almost like new. Here is a Meucci 84-7 that Meucci restored and refinished recently:

I see these for sale today In mint condition (e.g. looks almost brand new) selling for $300-$350.

2. HardhitHardhit on 5/31/2016 6:34:44 PM

Thank you for the detailed information however it makes harder to let them go.

I just sold the DH for $300 to a guy who will actually use it. The stick is in very good but not excellent condition. The Varnish separated a bit on the inlays on the butt.

I prefer the Original over the DH. The Original has better balance and flowed easier through the stroke.

The guy who bought it was originally from North Carolina - funny because that is where I used to play. He would have taken either cue for $300.

So the 1988 Original, used, can still bring $300.

We got to talking and asked me to come out to watch them play in a league...never thought about playing in league... When I go - I might just end up keeping the Original and use it myself!

Thanks again for your input. Wish you the best on the table.

BTW I use to have an amazing 9 ball break - hit them HARD (tremendous follow through)- the 9 would go in on the break about 6 out of ten times (if they were racked well) - It was my ace in the hole when playing someone better than I was. It would piss them off. :)

Hence the name "Hard Hitter"!

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

• Title: Meucci Originals David Howard Value and Info
  • Author: (Tony Franchitto)
  • Published: 5/27/2016 5:00:18 PM
  • Last Updated: 5/27/2016 5:02:14 PM
  • Last Updated By: Hardhit (Tony Franchitto)