By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Anyone know what brand this table is?

I recently acquired an old coin operated 8 ft. pool table with the coin mechanism located on the end of the table instead of on the side of it. (never seen this before).

The coin mechanism is missing along with the panel it mounts into. I do have the panel where the balls line up, it's just not where it is supposed to be in the pictures.

I have included a few pictures of it. Any information would be appreciated.

Replies & Comments

1. Alincoquickshot on 4/24/2008 4:32:21 PM

It looks like a very old pool table.

Isn't there any info on the table, underneath it, or behind the rail, etc.?

2. AlincoAlinco on 4/24/2008 7:23:42 PM

There are no markings or anything on the outside. Well, the only marking I saw said Formica. When I have it moved and the felt replaced, maybe there will be something on the inside that will tell me the brand.(didn't even think about looking under the slate) And yes, it DOES look old. I have no idea HOW old, hehe. But it was free. I did cut the felt on three sides and peel it back and the slate isn't broken or cracked or anything, and that's a great thing!

I got a quote of $375 to move the table about 25 miles, put new bumpers and new felt on it. The guy said he would replace it with the "rugged" bar room type felt that would last for a very long time at the house. He said it had a backing on it. Is that a pretty reasonable price for that service? I don't know a whole lot about new felt or moving, but it really seemed like a fair price.

3. Alincoquickshot on 4/24/2008 7:42:37 PM

I have absolutely no knowledge about the types of felt that is or can be used on this specific pool table. There are people on this forum who are knowledgeable about all that stuff. I'm sure someone will get back to you soon.

Good luck with the pool table.

4. Alincoguest on 6/10/2008 1:56:44 PM

It looks like an American Shuffleboard Co. billiard table. The company has been out of business for years.

5. Alincokevin on 1/30/2009 2:33:10 PM

I agree, the pool table seems to be an American Shuffleboard pool table. They were located in NJ and went out of business in 1994, give or take.

6. AlincoPooltable911 on 1/30/2009 7:17:16 PM

I can say with certainty that it is an American Shuffleboard Company pool table. These pool tables were indeed made in New Jersey.

The one in the photos appears to have had the ball return box removed.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

• Title: Anyone know what brand this table is?
  • Author:
  • Published: 4/24/2008 1:42:39 AM
  • Last Updated: 5/8/2019 3:45:25 AM
  • Last Updated By: billiardsforum (Billiards Forum)