By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Cloth Humidity Pool Table Speed

Hi; With summer coming on, or already here for some, we get to deal with extremely humid playing conditions. Most of the pubs or pool halls aren't really air conditioned (at least not in my area) and most people's home game room probably aren't either.

Is there anything you can do short of buying expensive air conditioners?

Replies & Comments

1. Rossquickshot on 6/3/2008 10:16:13 AM

As you mentioned, you could buy an A/C. As far as it being expensive that's relative to how much you want to protect your table and keep the felt in good shape. On the other hand, you could buy a GOOD dehumidifier and keep it in the room where your table is. If the room is not too large and you keep the door shut I think going for a small a/c would be your best bet. It will protect the table and keep every one comfortable.

2. RossRoss on 6/3/2008 10:35:55 AM

Thanks for the reply. So are you saying that humidity will do more than just affect the way the table plays while the humid conditions exist? (such as permanently damage the table?)

I had thought about the dehumidifier, but wasn't sure if that would really work. With the air conditioner, my concern is the electricity.

3. Rossbilliardsforum on 6/3/2008 10:38:17 AM

My dad had this cheap pool table once, down in a basement. (no slate, all MDF or fiberboard...) and as the seasons would change, the table would warp. Just shows you how they can suck up the humidity, and just what it does, albeit this was an extreme example because the table was just a cheap table.

4. Rossquickshot on 6/3/2008 3:00:56 PM

Look at this way. The cost of the electric to keep the table and the players (namely you) comfortable is negligible when it comes to repairing the table. Look at it as one of life's little extra expense being incurred for recreational purposes. And it will only be for a couple of months. Have fun. That is what matters.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

• Title: Cloth Humidity Pool Table Speed
  • Author:
  • Published: 6/3/2008 9:52:56 AM