By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Fuzzy tip?

Fuzzy tip?

So I just went to my local billiard guy and had a new med hard kamui tip put on he shaped it cleaned everything and did an awesome job but my tip is fuzzy and rough like pieces of leather kind of roughed up and hanging of. It doesnt look like my old one or like any one elses ive seen and im not sure what the deal is or if it even matters and how to fix it.

Fuzzy tip?

Replies & Comments

1. Majik365Fenwick on 11/29/2014 7:38:06 AM

That's what you get with a layered tip. Bang some balls and It well go away.

A good reason to practice. Use the Caulk that has the same name, Kamui.

2. Majik365Zeke on 11/29/2014 8:13:43 PM

Most of the pros like rounded tips, usually shaped to the circumference of something between a dime and a nickel. Depending on how much you play, the curvature will become flatter over time and should be re-shaped back to spec. if it looks like yours.

The photo suggests either the tip was done months ago and never "dressed" since the repair - or the tech that did the replacement asked you to do your own shaping - since it is a very subjective curve the owner should probably do himself.

I ran a piece of 1/2" PVC thru a table saw and split it almost in half. On one half I glued 200 grit sandpaper and trimmed it after the glue dried. The other half has 100 grit for the final shaping. I'm amazed at how well it works.

3. Majik365Fenwick on 12/1/2014 2:26:57 PM

If your shaft is 13mm or over shape it to a dime. Under 13 mm shape it to a nickel. I play with several road and pro players BTW.

There are exceptions to any rule!

In this case tthe tip is not shaped properly. Buy a tip tool like the Super Tool TTSUT

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.

Preview:

Fuzzy tip?

• Title: Fuzzy tip?
  • Author:
  • Published: 11/19/2014 10:08:28 PM